Anytime Fitness personal trainers play a crucial part in meeting the needs of members, boosting retention, adding revenue to your bottom line, extending the lifetime value of members, and promoting the vision of the Anytime Fitness brand.
Trainers should be genuine and intrinsically motivated to positively represent their performance and that of the club to the best of their ability.
Trainers focus on mentoring members and clients to help them improve their health and quality of life through fitness. They take the time to work with others, using their knowledge, skills, and abilities to conduct safe and effective exercise sessions for a variety of participants.
- Good at influencing behavior change
- Knowledgeable in fitness program design
- Able to instruct training sessions (one-on-one and group)
- Comfortable using technical platforms (iPad, CMS, Anytime Fitness App®)
- Familiar using tools (e.g. body scanner) to assess clients and members
Beyond their technical skillset, the Anytime Fitness coach should possess above-average customer service skills to provide a “surprisingly personable experience” to everyone they meet. This is especially important as we work to differentiate our brand as the gym that actually cares about others’ health and takes the time to help them succeed.
- Addressing members by their names
- Introducing yourself to others
- Inviting others to talk more about themselves
- Assisting members outside of training sessions
- Member onboarding – the personal trainer may be responsible for delivering fitness consultations, which include movement assessments and body scans. This person may also coordinate follow-up appointments to keep training services at the forefront of members' minds.
- Membership / training sales – the personal trainer uses information gathered during the member onboarding process to suggest training options (self-directed, group training, one-on-one personal training, etc.) for each member or prospect. This person qualifies, informs, inspires, and converts leads to long-term training clients.
- Promote training incentives – depending on a club's staffing structure, the personal trainer may need to take on some operational tasks to help promote training services through engagement campaigns, national marketing campaigns, and community outreach efforts using assets and operations created by the Anytime Fitness corporate teams.
- Culture creators – personal trainers create an environment that inspires members and guests to share their positive experiences with friends and family. They deliver top-notch customer service and aim to improve the lives of each person they meet.
- Other duties – during non-training hours, coaches perform duties like general upkeep (equipment and training floor cleanliness, training area setup, corresponding with members via the Anytime Fitness App, following up with prospects and members.